- 600W motor
- 0.5L dust container
- HEPA filtration
- 4m power cord
VC600 2-in-1 Corded Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Additional information
- Safety instructions
- Assembling the product
- Useful tips
- Reviews (0)
All the benefits of a 2-in-1 stick vacuum cleaner without the worry of running out of charge. This corded option allows you to continuously vacuum for as long as it takes to clean your home.
You can switch between an upright vacuum cleaner to clean your hard floors and carpets, to a handheld vacuum for surfaces and hard-to-reach areas with ease. The 1 litre dust container can be emptied once you’ve finished so it’s ready to use again.
2 in 1 low noise vacuum cleaner
4 metre power cord
Use as a handheld or upright
Accessories: Crevice tool
|Dimensions||12 × 24 × 164 cm|
|Country of origin||China|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||164 x 24 x 13 cm|
|Filter Type||Hepa Filter|
- Grab or pull the unit by the power cord.
- Modify the unit in any way. It is dangerous and voids the warranty.
- Handle the unit with wet hands.
- This is a powerful lightweight vacuum cleaner. The unit will get warm when operating, this is entirely normal.
- If the air flow becomes blocked motor sound will change. If this happens turn off the unit immediately and check for a blocked hose, blocked accessory, clogged filter, or full waste container.
- This product is not a toy.
- Always unplug the Ewbank VC600 when not in use.
- To avoid electric shock, do not expose to rain or use outside.
- Store the unit indoors.
- NEVER pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as petrol, other volatile substances or burning embers.
- NEVER use in the presence of explosive liquids, vapours or explosive dust such as coal or grain.
- When lifting the unit, always hold it by the hand grip.
- Only use the product as detailed in these instructions.
- Only use the manufacturer’s recommended attachments and consumables.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 14 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning or maintenance should not be made by children without supervision.
- Ensure unit is switched off before plugging unit into power socket-outlet.
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by Ewbank Ltd, or it’s appointed agents in order to avoid a hazard.
Assembling the product
The Ewbank VC600 4 can be used as a handheld vacuum cleaner and as an upright stick-vac. Floor brush and crevice tool accessories can be added by inserting the required accessory into the waste chamber inlet. Simply insert the accessory in a straight line into the waste chamber inlet. We recommend a light spray of polish or other lubricant spray into the inlet of the waste chamber to make this easier. Do not twist either the Ewbank VC600 or the accessory while inserting or removing an accessory.
The extension handle can be added to convert the Ewbank VC600 to a stick vacuum.
The handle and extension wand are delivered disconnected inside the product packaging. To assemble the extension handle, pull the pin from the handle by unscrewing it until it comes away completely. Next fit the handle onto the shaft so that the holes in the shaft match the holes on the handle. Ensure the single hole on the other end faces forwards. Attach the hook and screw the pin all the way in.
To attach the extension handle to the body of the VC600, hold the vac body by its handle and push the extension handle into the body (Fig. 2). Push the handle in until an audible “click” is heard. To remove the handle, fully depress button ‘A’ on the top of the unit and pull the handle out of the hole, releasing the button once the handle is clear of the unit.
To remove, pull out in a straight line.
Remember to ensure the filter and pre-filter are fitted before use
Use without accessories as a handheld vac
Perfect for tidying up after meals, vacuuming upholstery, stairs and anywhere that needs a quick clean up.
Using the crevice tool
Ideal for cleaning inside edges of sofas/arm chairs. Great for window sills.
Using the floor head
Use with the floor head to clean carpets, rugs and any types of bare floor.
Important Care Advice
The VC600 is a powerful highly efficient, yet lightweight and portable vacuum cleaner. The powerful suction will remove the smallest particles of dust and dirt from your carpets and upholstery. To prevent the unit from overheating and to maintain the efficiency of the VC600 the filter MUST BE cleaned regularly. The waste chamber is transparent to enable you to see accumulated dirt and debris. When this happens the efficiency of the motor unit is reduced and the waste chamber must be emptied and the filter assembly cleaned. A blocked filter will restrict airflow to the motor which can start overheating. This will become apparent as the noise of the motor will become higher pitch. If this happens stop the unit and then clean the filter. As a safety precaution the motor is designed to cut out in the event of overheating. Please allow the unit to cool sufficiently for up to one hour before restarting.
Emptying the waste chamber and caring for your filter
Disconnect the VC600 from the power socket outlet and remove any accessory attached to the unit. Depress the waste chamber release button B. While holding the release button, separate the chamber from the main body. Remove the prefilter and filter body from the chamber and empty the waste from the chamber. The chamber can be rinsed out with warm (not hot) soapy water if necessary. Ensure that the chamber is dry before re-assembly.
Filter cleaning – we recommend the filter and prefilter are checked and cleaned each time the waste chamber is emptied.
The VC600 filter has 2 separate parts, an outer prefilter foam which fits over the pleated filter. The pre-filter will collect larger particles and prevent these from becoming lodged in the grooves of the pleated filter. Clean regularly.
To clean the filter separate the two parts, pulling the foam pre-filter off, then gently shake, tap or brush the pleated filter to remove dust particles and debris from the grooves. The outer prefilter can be brushed and tapped to remove debris around the filter.
All parts of the filter assembly are suitable for gentle washing in warm (not hot) water. Do not use detergent. Allow to dry naturally for 24 hours before refitting to the VC600. Ensure all parts have fully dried before reassembly.
Only use the VC600with both parts of the filter assembly in place.