- 2,200rpm discs deliver excellent performance
- 24cm wide polishing/cleaning path
- Suitable for all hard floors
- Interchangeable and reusable pads
- Telescopic handle
- Cable storage
EP170 Multi Use 3-in-1 Floor Cleaner & Polisher
Out of stock
Out of stock
- Safety instructions
- Assembling the product
- Useful tips
- Reviews (0)
Lightweight and powerful, this floor polishing machine works just like a commercial machine, with a telescopic butterfly handle that can be used with two hands, or closed for single handed operation.
Effortlessly polish all sealed hard floors to a high shine.
Quickly buff floors to bring back to life with the microfibre pads. In addition the floor polisher can be used to easily scrub, scour or wash any hard floor with the pads and brushes included.
2200rpm contr-rotating discs deliver excellent performance
24cm wide polishing/cleaning path
Suitable for all hard floors, laminate, wood vinyl, marble and granite
Full range of interchangeable and reusable pads for any cleaning need
Telescopic handle with comfort butterfly grip with storage
Accessories: 2 nylon bristle brush plates, 2 white scourer pads, 2 blue cleaning/polishing pads and 2 yellow polishing/buffing pads
|Country of origin||China|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||111x25x33 cm|
|Problem||Cause of problem||Solution|
|Smear marks are made on floor when polishing.||Has the polish/wax been allowed to dry?||Does an existing floor treatment need to be removed?|
|No gloss sheen is being produced.||Please note some types of floor do not produce gloss finish.||Floor polish/wax application level may need to be increased, try another coat. Allow to dry and re-polish.|
|Scratches are made on the floor.||Check for grit or dirt stuck to the pads or on the rear wheels.||Clean/replace the pads or wipe the wheels free from debris.|
|Floor is too slippery.||Check the polish/wax is designed to be used on floors.||Good floor polish should always produce a glossy but grippy finish.|
- Do not allow machine to run unattended at any time.
- Close supervision is necessary when this machine is used near children. Do not allow it to be used as a toy.
- The machine is designed for household use only, do not expose to rain.
- Whilst in use never turn the machine over. Keep machine level during use.
- To provide continued protection against the risk of electric shock, connect properly to an earthed socket-outlet.
- Use only genuine manufacturer’s parts.
- It is recommended that a RCD (residual current device) rated at 30mA is fitted into the mains supply socket-outlet for added protection against electric shock.
- Do not immerse power cable, plug or machine in water or any other liquid.
- Take extra care if operating machine in bare feet or when wearing open toe shoes or sandals.
- Do not operate with a damaged power cable, keep feet and all parts of body away from the rotating pads.
- Use power cable clip on handle to keep power cable clear of rotating pads.
- Do not pull or carry by power cable, or use power cable as a handle, close door on power cable or pull power cable around sharp edges or corners. Keep power cable away from heated surfaces.
- Unplug the polisher when not in use. Turn all controls off before unplugging from electrical socket-outlet.
- Do not unplug by pulling on power cable. Always grasp the plug, not the power cable. Never handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Store in a dry place. Do not expose machine to freezing temperatures.
- Unplug after use and before cleaning.
- The Ewbank Floor Polisher EP170 is intended for domestic use and not commercial use.
Check pads for embedded grit or hard material before using on floors or scratching may occur.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not overload this product – This product is designed to deliver optimal cleaning under its own weight. Adding additional weight and/or overloading the machine may invalidate your warranty.
Assembling the product
- Insert the handle into the aperture at the top of the head
- Push plastic upper handle section into place which will lock into place by way of a metal button unit and screw the collar in securely.
Removing the plates and fitting pads
- Make sure appliance is not plugged in before fitting pads.
- Turn the machine over and lay flat so you can access the brush plates
- Put your palm onto the centre of the brush plates, use your fingers to grasp the outer edge and levy the plates away from the machine.
Please note: For the first time you may need to use some force, however you will not break the machine.
- Once the brush plates are removed align the hook and loop plates using the four prongs and push into place. Then simply choose which pads to apply to the hook and loop plates.
- Always use two plates of the same type, i.e. not 1 brush and 1pad.
- Simply pull the plates/brushes off to remove and change. White / blue / yellow pads can be applied directly to the backing plates and peeled off to remove
Please note: Please remove the plates before changing the pads
Adjust the height of the handle to suit your needs by pulling on the extension button.
For additional stability the pro-grip handle can be opened to enable two-handed use. Depress the button above the grip and open the handle.
Do not use on carpet
Take care not to slip over when polishing floors, they can become very slippery in the process. Only use dedicated floor products, other inappropriate detergents or types of polish could leave the floor dangerously slippery. Do not leave the product operating in one area for a prolonged period of time as this may damage your floor surface.
Applying floor treatments
• The recommended floor treatment is Ewbank Floor Polish, which has been specifically developed to compliment the EP170. • Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. • Apply the treatment directly to the floor unless instructions indicate otherwise. Scrubbing / Cleaning the floor • Heavily soiled surfaces may require the brush attachments are used initially to loosen any debris. Otherwise ensure that the white scrubbing pads are attached. • Use the white scrubbing pads with floor cleaner or Ewbank Floor Polish to remove stubborn stains or old treatments from the floor surface. • Turn the product on at the power socket. • With your foot securing the head of the polisher on the floor, pull the handle towards you and the product will start.
Returning the handle to its upright position will stop the product.
• Move at a speed of about 1 minute every 1m2 and follow the diagram for an even finish. • Do not leave the product operating in one area for a prolonged period as this may damage your floor. • Once cleaning is complete, turn the unit off by returning it to its upright position.
Polishing / buffing the floor
• Clean floor thoroughly first before adding your chosen floor polish / wax • If you are using an alternative floor polishing wax or oil to Ewbank Floor Polish, please refer to the manufacturer’s instructions when using with the Ewbank Floor Polisher EP170. • Start with the blue cleaning pads initially and buff to a finish with the yellow pads for a high-sheen finish. • Keep the polisher moving. Do not stop in one place for a long time or it will spoil the finish. • Once polishing is complete, turn the unit off by returning it to its upright position. • A glossy finish may not always be possible; this depends on the polish/wax used and the type of floor surface. Sometimes several coats of polish will enable a glossy finish.
Power Cable Storage
• The electrical power cable can be stored on the rear of the product using the convenient power cable storage hooks. Cleaning the floor pads • All pads and floor attachments are washable. • The brushes and scouring pads can be washed under the tap with warm soapy water. The blue & yellow polishing pads can also be machine washed and dried naturally. It is recommended to re-shape the pads whilst drying. • The polishing head unit is not suitable for washing in water, it must be wiped with a damp cloth.